The solar farm consists of the following components:
- Around 250,000 solar panels mounted on single axis tracking system
- Access tracks
- A total installed solar capacity up to around 72 MW
- Operations and maintenance building with associated car parking
- An electrical substation
- Overhead and underground electrical cable reticulation
- Security fencing and CCTV
The design has been shaped by a number of detailed technical, engineering and environmental studies and assessments which include:
- Ecology - Flora and Fauna
- Landscape and Visual
- Cultural Heritage
- Bushfire Risk
- Access & Transport
- Drainage and storm water
Construction of the facility commenced in 2017. During its peak, the construction of the project created over 150 jobs.
Emerald Solar Park is owned by Emerald Energy Project Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lighthouse Infrastructure. Melbourne based Lighthouse Infrastructure is an investment firm and fund manager focussed on sustainable infrastructure investment. Lighthouse has been operating for more than 10 years and is owned by the staff members of the firm.
The facility is managed by RES under an Asset Management Agreement. The facility is physically operated and physically operated and maintained by a specialist contractor.