The project is located on the western periphery of Emerald within the Central Highlands Regional Council Area.
The project is on approximately 160ha of farm land used predominately for cropping.
The site has excellent exposure to Australia’s abundant solar resources, making it an ideal location for a renewable energy project.
Why is the project located where it is?
This site has been selected as it is ideal for a renewable energy development for the following reasons:
- Excellent exposure to Australia’s world class solar resource.
- Excellent transport access with minimal impact to local roads and excellent access to major roads.
- Excellent access to the local distribution network.
- A low number of non-involved neighbouring dwellings.
- Very low environmental impacts – the site has been heavily cropped and has no trees or shrubs on site.